Phase 1 SMSC
Click here to find out what SMSC stands for.
At Cleeve we promote SMSC through:
- Our International days
- Writing letters to children in Uganda
- Our wide range of sports clubs
- Sports week
- Circle time
- RE days
- Harvest festival
- Cooperative learning
- Summer and Christmas fairs
- School Council
- Singing to members of a retirement home
- School trips
- Child centred posters in every room
- PSHE coverage
- Ensuring a love of learning
- Allowing children to explore their imagination and creativity
Phase 1 examples of how our curriculum ensures SMSC…
- looking at different countries and explorers in our Pirate topic.
- looking at right and wrong as part of our Fairy tales topic.
- exploring the work of Florence Nightingale in our Helping Hands topic.
- reflecting on ways to help others in our Helping Hands topic.
- learning about the Great Fire of London in out Fire Fire topic.
For further information, please click here.